Paleo Breakfast Taco Pie
Have you been craving a healthy, yet decadent Paleo Breakfast Taco Pie made with very little added sweetener and all Paleo ingredients? This easy-to-make Paleo Pie Crust and Taco Pie is simply delicious.
Paleo Pie Crust
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 egg
- Place flour and salt in food processor and pulse briefly
- Add coconut oil and egg and pulse until mixture forms a ball
- Press dough into a 9-inch pie dish
- Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes
- 3/4 lb of grass fed ground beef
- 3 tbsp of taco seasoning
- 1/2 white onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 8 local grass fed eggs
- a handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- (optional) serve with mango salsa
- Cook ground beef in coconut oil, when brown add taco seasoning, add sea salt to taste. Transfer out of juices and set aside.
- In same pan, saute chopped white onion and bell pepper with leftover ground beef juices, then remove from liquid and set aside.
- Whisk eight eggs with 1 tsp of sea salt and baking soda. Add in some fresh chopped cilantro.
- Chop fresh cilantro and mix into white onion and bell pepper mix.
- After spreading out paleo pie crust, add ground beef to bottom of uncooked pie.
- Then add veggie mix to top, then cover with egg mixture.
- Cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes.
- (Optional) serve with mango salsa.